Scale up of Capacity for Neonatal Resuscitation in Nigeria
Overall Objectives of the project
- To increase the number of health care providers with skills in neonatal resuscitation throughout all the wards of the 774 local government areas of Nigeria.
- Promote and sustain equity, efficiency, accessibility, and quality in neonatal health care provision.
- Identify the areas of neonatal health care that need immediate intervention.
- Support the sustainability of capacity building in neonatal resuscitation through certification and re-certification of health care providers who care for neonates.
- Mobilise resources for neonatal care in Nigeria.
- Develop collaborative network of health workers that care for neonates.
- Develop comprehensive NICU in all states of the federation.
- Sensitise policy makers and health managers on neonatal care.
- Facilitate the generation of data on neonatal care in the country and thus generate data for the NHIMS on neonatal care.
- Facilitate universal access to minimum health package for mothers and their babies.
- Generate trust and confidence in neonatal health care among the public.
- Develop a strategy to sustain the programme.
- Establish a disengagement strategy for PAN that ensures sustainability of the project.
- Harness available resources for optimal neonatal care and thus contribute to the overall health system of Nigeria.