History of The Paediatric Association on Nigeria (PAN)
Paediatric Association of Nigeria (PAN) is a non-governmental, non-profit making professional organization, conceived at UCH Ibadan in February 1966 and delivered at LUTH, Lagos in March 1968. The aims/objectives of the Association are:
- To actively seek the well-being of children and ensure that their right to quality health care is protected.
- To promote and advance the practice and study of Paediatrics and Child Health.
- To encourage research and dissemination of knowledge in all aspects of Paediatrics and Child Health.
- To safe guard the interest of all workers in the field of Paediatrics and Child Health.
- To foster friendship and co-operation among g workers in the field of Paediatrics and Child Health and allied disciplines.
Paediatrics and Child Health and allied disciplines
According to Prof. R.G. Hendrickse, in an address titled "The Paediatric Association of Nigeria: Genesis, present Dilemmas and Future Challenges" delivered at the 21st Annual General Meeting and Scientific conference and 3rd International Conference of the Paediatric Association of Nigeria, the founding patriarchs were:
- Prof. I.S. Audu
- Dr. A. Animashaun
- Dr. A. Antia
- Dr. A. Ajenifuja
- Dr. Adeniyi
- Dr. O. Ransoma-Kuti
- Dr. A. Ifekwunigwe
- Prof. R.G. Hendrickse
- Prof. M.I. Ogbeide
- Prof. B. Lesi
- Dr. Odiakosa
- Prof. Sinnette and
- Dr. JB. Familusi.